EVENT NOTICE - ROAD CLOSURES
SUNDAY, May 5th, 2019
Manotick Miler - in support of The University of Ottawa Heart Institute & The Roger Neilson House
This notice is to make you aware of an event that is taking place in your neighbourhood on Sunday May 5th between the hours of 5:00am - 12:00pm
5:00am - 8:30am - set up crews onsite 8:00am - 12:30pm - runners on the roads
To participate in the Manotick Miler or to find out more details about the event, visit our website.
If you are not participating in the event, we would like to invite you to come out and cheer on the participants and make your way over to Mill Street to enjoy our post race celebrations with Big Rig Brewery, The Vault Bistro and the Josh McFarlane Band.
Please note the following Road Closures for Sunday May 5th:
• Rideau Valley Drive from Beaverwood Rd. to Century Rd. will be closed between 8:00am – 8:30am
• Rideau Valley Drive from Beaverwood Rd to Eastman Rd will be closed between 10:00am - 10:30am
• Century Rd. at Rideau Valley Drive will be closed between 8:00am – 10:30am and will reopen as soon as the last
runner is off the course.
• First Line Rd. from Phelan Rd. to Bankfield Rd. will be closed between 8:00-10:30am and will reopen as soon as
the last runner is off the course.
• MANOTICK ESTATES & MCMANUS AVE. – McManus Ave., Potter Dr., Watterson St., Carrison Dr. Pettapiece Cres., and Beaverwood Rd. will be filled with our runners (approx. 1000). These will be the most heavily populated roads from the hours of 8:30am -12:00pm. We ask that you drive very slowly and watch out for police officers that will be directing traffic for the ultimate safety of our runners.
• This event happens once a year on the same weekend in May. We please ask that you make arrangements or
refrain from leaving your driveway during these hours. We ask for your patience as runners come from all over Ottawa to run around your beautiful neighbourhood.
• Mill Street & Tighe Street will be closed for our Start/Finish Line and post race celebrations, access to the Watson’s
Mill and local churches is available via Bridge Street at Dickinson Street.
Your understanding is much appreciated and we apologize in advance for any inconvenience the run may cause.
**We encourage you to step outside your front door and cheer on fellow community residents and families as this is guaranteed to be a positive, fun and encouraging day for everyone**
For More Information: Visit www.manotickmiler.com for up to date race information and routes. If you have any questions please email email@example.com